The RBA Art department is dedicated to nurturing critical thinking and visual literacy through an engaging and supportive environment. We develop a desire to learn, explore, create, and invent. We encourage students to experiment, persevere and arrive at their own unique solution. Incorporating art history and contemporary art into the curriculum exposes students to global awareness. Working in a collaborative peer-learning environment, students develop creative problem-solving skills, self-expression, and visual literacy. We help students to believe that they are capable and we as a department will nurture their skills so that students will achieve their fullest potential.
- To develop skills for analysing and recording from observation and imagination, using a variety of media.
- To show the importance of keeping a sketchbook to record ideas and information.
- Discuss the impact of a source material to stimulate and develop a theme.
- To show them how to use a wide range of media and techniques to express feelings and ideas.
- To explore and experiment with materials for three-dimensional work.
- To teach children about different kinds of Art from various cultures.
Art, Craft & Design is the chance for students to explore their own creative skills and ideas. They will be able to study artists as well as learn new techniques presented in their own sketchbook. It is an exciting subject with the chance to develop and explore their own creative journey.
The four major areas are:
- AO1 – develop ideas through investigations informed by contextual and other sources, demonstrating analytical and cultural understanding.
- AO2 – experiment and select appropriate resources, media, materials, techniques and processes
- AO3 – record ideas
- AO4 – present a personal and meaningful response