Welcome from the Chair of the RBA Academy Committee
Welcome to the Richard Barnes Academy. I hope you enjoy finding out more about our fantastic school, staff and learners.
First and foremost, we pride ourselves on being a safe and enjoyable place of learning where our students are engaged, motivated and encouraged to be the best they can be.
We are on a journey at RBA, having joined the Thomas Deacon Educational Trust back in 2020 and are immensely proud of all we have achieved in supporting our children.
As you will discover, we are an inclusive specialist primary and secondary, alternative provision academy based in Peterborough Cambridgeshire and support learners from across the city.
Governance at RBA
Richard Barnes Academy is governed by an Academy Committee. This group of people is made up of a non-executive Chairman, a range of local business people, councillors, community representatives, sponsor representatives and parent representatives. The Academy Committee meets every half term and minutes of the meetings are readily available.
The core functions of the Academy Committee are:
- Holding the Principal and other senior leadership to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its students
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Overseeing financial performance of the Academy by making sure its money is well spent
Academy Committee members
- Stella Cockerill - Term of office 11.07.2023 - 10.07.2027 - Appointed by AC
- Naomi Kanava - Term of office 31.10.2023 - 30.10.2027 - Appointed by AC
- Harriett-Rose Rutherford-Ellis - Term of office: 31.10.2023 - 30.10.2027 - Appointed by AC
- Martin Fry: Term of office 07.02.2023 - 12.12.2023
- Mike Sandeman: Term of office 01.05.2020 - 30.04.2023
- Al Kingsley: Term of office 01.05.2020 - 30.04.2023